8" CP Yellow vertical lines mixing or plant bowl 8306 Made in U.S.A.

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by rknarr2, Mar 6, 2022.

1. rknarr2

rknarr2 Well-Known Member

I have a Yellow vertical line mixing or plant bowl. Bottom of bowl has 8306 8" CP Made in U.S.A. Dimensions of the bowl are about 8" top dia. x 5 1/4" bottom dia. x 3" tall.
    My mom thinks this is a mixing bowl but I thought potting plant bowl? I would like to
    request information on the use of the bowl and what CP stands for? I assume 8306 stands for pattern number. Also, who made this and what is the pattern name? Thank you. Rob
    IMG_4591small.JPG IMG_4598small.JPG IMG_4599small.JPG

judy likes this.
  2. Msalicia

Msalicia Well-Known Member

I think it might be big for planting and it’s very clean. The mixing would have to be by hand as it has ridges. I am not sure of potter but searches should come up helpful.

3. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

I have seen that mark attributed to Cookson pottery but do not have a reference.

crowleys, judy and *crs* like this.
  4. *crs*

*crs* Hippy Dippy Antiquer

Cookson Pottery is correct

crowleys, judy, dgbjwc and 1 other person like this.
  5. rknarr2

Thank you for the information.

judy likes this.
  6. rknarr2

Thank you for the information. Rob

judy likes this.
  7. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

I found a note in Lehner's where I drew in this mark and: Kovel's says Cookson molds were made by Ungemach and glazed at Cookson. If anyone has a Kovel's and cares one way or another.

*crs*, dgbjwc, judy and 1 other person like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted