Featured 6pc Victorian Cut Glass & Silver Vanity Set. (Lon. 1860)

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Shangas, May 20, 2018.

1. Shangas

Shangas Underage Antiques Collector and Historian

Exactly what it sounds like. Bought this at the flea-market today. The seller was pairing them off, but I felt bad about breaking it up, so we haggled and I got a deal for the whole set...

vanity01.jpg vanity02.jpg vanity03.jpg vanity04.jpg vanity05.jpg

The hallmarks are struck to the insides of the lids, but I've been so busy today I haven't had a chance to photograph them. Photos coming soon...

2. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Shangas, those are lovely! I have a small collection of the little round ones. but none of the the square/rectangular variety. VERY pretty!

3. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

I LOVE a good Haggler, 'cuz I used to LOVE to haggle!!!!!! Was SO MUCH a part of the "game" of the deal!!!!!!!!!:joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful: And what you got looks very NICE, indeed!!!!

4. Shangas

Shangas Underage Antiques Collector and Historian

Thank you!!

I've put a price on it and stuck it up for sale. Hopefully someone likes it and buys it. I have put in a bit of wiggle-room and we'll see what happens. I think they will sell, just because most of these things are broken up. This is complete - or at least it can pass as being complete, which most things like this, cannot.

judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted