Featured 4 Neat Cards

Discussion in 'Ephemera and Photographs' started by Snowman Cometh, Dec 18, 2023.

1. Snowman Cometh

Snowman Cometh Well-Known Member

I've been adding to my stereoscope collection. These are four new ones (out of 140). These stood out for different reasons.
    Her guardian and companion - faithful as far as life can go - 1906
    001.JPG
    London Bridge - late 1800s or early 1900s
    London Bridge.JPG
    Kittens - Cat-A-Line on the Rostrum - 1871 (this is in the JP Getty Museum)
    Kittens.JPG
    A wing shot
    Wing shot.JPG
    I do have a question, the lot I bought today came in a Corning Glass Works Boite Nature Box. Which is a cigar box. On the bottom is the seal of Tampa Fl. Would anyone happen to know when this might have been made? Or any info on it. THANK YOU!
    005.JPG 007.JPG 006.JPG

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

the wing shot , looks like buckshot !!;)

Figtree3 and pearlsnblume like this.
  3. Snowman Cometh

It is. That's pretty incredible for a photo over a century old.

4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

You should be able to date the box by the logo.

Debora

pearlsnblume likes this.
  5. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Or how about this... John Money Henderson, City Clerk of Tampa, FL. He was elected in 1898, was reelected in 1902 and seems to have served in that capacity at least through 1916.

Debora

Figtree3 likes this.
  6. Snowman Cometh

Thank you. I've done searches of the logo and nothing. I did find a box that had the same stamp on the bottom. But, the person didn't have much info on it. It's a neat box. It might have been made as presents for customers. They made glassware not cigars. I'm thinking teens to twenties.

7. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

8. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

So a Corning Glass Works box filled with Colorado Claire cigars from one of the 25+ cigar factories that used to be in Tampa. Probably used by the sales force as an purchase incentive.

Debora

Figtree3 likes this.
  9. Snowman Cometh

Thank you. That makes perfect sense. I know nothing about cigars. I was puzzled with the Corning NY, Boite Nature (that was an easy look up), and Tampa seal on the bottom. I have to figure out what to do with it. I have too much stuff. I just wanted the cards.

10. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Knowing the cigar maker might add value.

Debora

Draft saved Draft deleted