4 different vases, friend's father's estate

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Lucille.b, Dec 30, 2014.

1. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Hoping someone can help me with this. An acquaintance who isn't in the antique business sent photos of around 30 items from his father's estate. I said I would take a quick look just to advise if he needs to do further research on anything that might be worth reselling. I knew enough to advise on the bulk of the items, but just wanted to run these 4 pieces by the list. I know the cinnabar pieces sort of vary in price, he said it was purchased in the 1970's (but might have been old at that time.) Wasn't sure what specifics to look for on that one. Also don't know if the cobalt striped glass piece or ginger jar is signed, but can ask. Anything stand out? Unfortunately just have the one view of each. Thanks for taking a look.

aa03-Ceramic Vase-2.jpg aa04-Cinnabar Vase-1.jpg aa05-Glass Vase-2.jpg aa07-Vase with Lid-1.jpg

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

3. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

During the 1970s, Asian styles were very popular - I know because I was buying stuff for my house and still have a lot of those things left over. The first vase is very similar to one that I received as a gift, purchased at a local department store, nothing too special. I would guess that the other vases are all similar era and valuation, decorative but not too special, except maybe the cinnabar vase which is really nice.

4. 'Nuff_Said

'Nuff_Said Well-Known Member

The best piece is going to be the cinnabar vase, $100 - $200+. The others appear run-of-the-mill.

5. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Thank you all for taking a look. Info is much appreciated, will pass it along.

Happy New Years, everyone! :)

6. Mill Cove Treasures

Mill Cove Treasures Well-Known Member

Your first piece is probably marked Made in Japan and I see them quite often on ebay. Search completed auctions on ebay "Cobalt Blue Bird Vase Made In Japan".

7. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I like the third one... the colors and design.

Draft saved Draft deleted