4 Chinese Llacquered Inlaid Panels 8 Immortals

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by kardinalisimo, Mar 20, 2015.

1. kardinalisimo

kardinalisimo Well-Known Member

There are four wall hanging panels, 11 1/4" x 23 1/4" each. I believe the scene depicts the 8 Immortals.
    I see some of those sell good some not. I guess it depends on the age, quality, subject etc. There are some scratches, scuffs and marks on these but otherwise they seem to be well done. The back of the panels are marked with what looks like "III V".
    Any thoughts? Also, is the inlaid material mother or pearl?
    Thanks
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

3. silverthwait

silverthwait Well-Known Member

Years ago, a friend brought me little paper mache representations of the immortals. They were about 3/4 of an inch across the bottom, and absolutely the right size to go in my creche. (OK -- I DO have an off creche!) However, I found that they were so lightweight that they tended to fall over at the slightest tremor.

Then one day I was walking in the woods and I came across a 9 inch length of bark. With eight holes in it. Exactly the right size! Thank you Mr. Woodpecker!!!

4. kardinalisimo

kardinalisimo Well-Known Member

These are quite heavy, most likely made of wood.
    Wonder if I should list them with no further information and see if buyers with Chinese knowledge will show some interest or I should do more refearch.
    So far I have not seen the same scene.Will also be nice to know an approx. age. Don't think the mark on the back matters but wonder what it is.

Draft saved Draft deleted