4.5" tall redware jar, any idea who might have made this?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by sunday silence, Jan 25, 2024.

1. sunday silence

sunday silence Well-Known Member

2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

If the Pitkin Collection couldn't identify the maker...

Debora

3. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

-And if Debora,roaring20s,bookahtoo can't ID it good luck !

4. 2manybooks

2manybooks Well-Known Member

kentworld likes this.
  5. 2manybooks

Sunday - did you get it, or were you hoping we could provide more information before the auction ended?

Wow - just looked at the sold price - $650. I can see why you might be curious.

6. 2manybooks

sunday silence likes this.
  7. sunday silence

Hi 2many: I passed just wasnt sure what it was. Other people suggested it might be Jacob Schofield of Delaware.

2manybooks likes this.
  8. sunday silence

hi Deb: is that label really saying it was from the Pitkin Collection. Or is its saying "similar example in Pitkin collection?"

Did you guys see the "attributed to" John Bell item in the same auction today?

9. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

I read "ex. Pitkin coll." which I understood to mean it was deaccessioned. That's what the liveauctioneers site says as well. "...ex-Albert Hastings Pitkin."

Debora

Bakersgma, komokwa and 2manybooks like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted