Featured 3d detailed art piece

Discussion in 'Art' started by Lilit, Feb 9, 2024.

1. Lilit

Lilit Active Member

Hi guys

i came across this and it really interests me to know more about this piece. Is there anyone who can tell me something about this?

Attached Files:

2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

What is the medium?

Debora

LauraGarnet02 and Lilit like this.
  3. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

4. Lilit

Lilit Active Member

johnnycb09 likes this.
  5. LauraGarnet02

LauraGarnet02 Well-Known Member

I would bet @Any Jewelry has seen one of these before.
    This is in your neck of the woods isn't it?

Any Jewelry, johnnycb09 and Lilit like this.
  6. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

I wonder if that is leather ? I LOVE it .

Lilit likes this.
  7. Lilit

Lilit Active Member

me too, it’s gorgeous. so curious to know more.

8. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Is that a Siamese cat? Maybe from Thailand?

Lilit likes this.
  9. LauraGarnet02

@Lilit
    I wonder if the seller would send you pictures of the back. It would be nice to get a look at the back. And you should ask him how heavy it is.

Figtree3, Aquitaine and Lilit like this.
  10. Lilit

Lilit Active Member

I asked him no response yet

11. LauraGarnet02

12. Chinoiserie

Chinoiserie Well-Known Member

Possibly resin or could be leather like Johnny said. Hard to tell from photos alone. Doesn't quite look like wood for some reason but can't discount it.

Maybe Papier mache also.

The metal stand looks a bit home store ish

Figtree3 and LauraGarnet02 like this.
  13. Marote

Marote Well-Known Member

With the cat, all the flowers around her, and that halo-ish headware, she reminds me of
    G.jpg

14. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

From what I guess without Google-translate I'd venture it was a glazed fired sculpture w/ perhaps metal/leather/mixed media appliques.Really nice piece,lovely frame.How much is the seller asking ?

LauraGarnet02 likes this.
  15. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

I enlarged and sharpened the main image, but still hard to tell the material!! It almost looks like a THICK "paper" around the edges just inside the frame, but I have no idea on the face!! Original first...then enlargement....

screenshot-3D.jpg

screenshot-3D-gigapixel-lines-scale-3_00x-cropped.jpg

16. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

Striking piece.It's like a cross between Marisol & Botero (face) & a funky icon.

17. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

It is a very nice and intriguing work, highly personal, the way women often make art.
    Lilit, could you also ask the seller what the medium is? It looks ceramic of some sort, but it may not be. The seller calls it vulnerable, so it could be ceramic.
    Yes, it is in my (and Lilit's) neck of the woods, but I don't remember seing work by this artist before, although the face rings a bell. It may not be by a Dutch artist, although I can see this being Dutch.
    The frame isn't Dutch, it could be reclaimed from an Indonesian kitsch painting. Sometimes frames are nicer that the paintings they're on, and you might as well put them to good use.;)

It is certainly not Asian, nor traditional of any sort. It isn't antique either.
    Datewise I would think 1980s-2000, and as I remarked before, probably by a woman artist.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2024
    Figtree3 likes this.
  18. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

There are also horses.;)
    She could be a representation of the/a Goddess, rather than a saint. Goddess appreciation and worship are popular.

Figtree3 likes this.
  19. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

I appears to be an auction and, at this time, the bidding is up to 100 Euros.

20. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

My idle guess is Eastern European, but guess is all it is. I find it curious the way the horse has been cut in half. It gives the impression that the piece is a fragment. I can't tell old or new, or what it's made of. The shipping doesn't look atrociously high in @bluumz link, so maybe not very heavy.

Draft saved Draft deleted