300 year old Chinese double gourd bottle

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by billyd3us, Apr 12, 2017.

1. billyd3us

billyd3us Thanks All my Friends

Just kidding about the age, well maybe 300 years old who knows ? It's a little over 16 inches tall, is it Chinese, Japanese, Korean etc. ?

Thank You

Billy D. 017.JPG 018.JPG 019.JPG 020.JPG

Joshua Brown likes this.
  2. quirkygirl

quirkygirl likes pretty old things

judy, Joshua Brown and kentworld like this.
  3. billyd3us

Kind of similar but most likely copied by other countries to import , am eye correct ?

Joshua Brown likes this.
  4. quirkygirl

quirkygirl likes pretty old things

I'm not sure what you are asking here, but I'll take a stab at answering.

Some designs were exclusive (certain colors, sizes, or shapes) to Pier1 on many of the different decorative items that they carried ... which meant that very similar (but not exact) items could also be found at the other home decor retailers and off-price stores. They also would often carry items that were inspired by well-known designers/manufacturers/artists, especially mid-century design.

So, while your vase looks like the one sold at Pier1 (color and shape), I cannot say for certain that it couldn't have come from some other retailer ... or whether it is an older design from which the Pier1 vase was inspired.

judy and Joshua Brown like this.
  5. billyd3us

Okay got it quirkygirl, thank you

Draft saved Draft deleted