3 Depression Glass Pitchers

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Mill Cove Treasures, May 11, 2018.

1. Mill Cove Treasures

Mill Cove Treasures Well-Known Member

I'm unpacking boxes that have been stored for years (deceased relatives) and found several pitchers. I've been able to identify most but these three have me confused. I was surprised that some of the depression glass pitchers still get some hefty prices, although, I do not think these are in that category but wanted to make sure before I bring them to the flea market. Any idea who made these? Thank you.

1. Amber colored lobed with panels.
    P1340600ps1rs_edited-1.jpg

2. Clear with slightly swirled panels. The separate spout reminded me of Federal and Hazel Atlas but I could not find a match to this. I darkened the contrast to show the details.

P1340603ps1rs.jpg

3. Clear (darkened to show details). This is smaller than number 2 but it has the same separate spout. I found a few on the web but they just called it Depression swirled glass.

P1340606ps1rs.jpg

pearlsnblume likes this.
  2. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi Mill Cove,
    I would not call these Depression Glass. The first one I would call Elegant Glass, a step above Depression Glass. DG usually had a molded design to help cover up the
    "cheapness" of the glass. I feel the same about the second one with the squared handle. The third one feel later and popular until the late 1950s
    greg

3. Mill Cove Treasures

4. msgood2shoe

msgood2shoe Well-Known Member

The first one is shown in HMW2, Federal Glass, Lido line, color is Golden Glow. Weatherman says the catalog reprint was from a mid-30's. So it is Depression Glass

I respectfully disagree with Greg on the 2nd one being elegant glass based primarily on the rim and ice lip. Elegant pitchers didn't have such a heavy rim and thick ice lip. I couldn't find a match for either of them, mostly Federal, AH or HA.

5. msgood2shoe

msgood2shoe Well-Known Member

6. Mill Cove Treasures

Thank you msgood2shoe! Every pitcher that I found with that extra piece for the spout came from those three companies and, like you, I never found the exact match. I appreciate the help. :happy:

Draft saved Draft deleted