3 Art Glass Curved Bottles

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by kardinalisimo, Feb 20, 2015.

1. kardinalisimo

kardinalisimo Well-Known Member

Not sure if the stoppers are original. Any thoughts on the bottles?
    Thanks
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

I think I recognize these from the last quarter of the 20 th century. (1970- 1990). I believe you are right about the stoppers, and as I remember, they were sold with cork stopperd. Sold as decor items in places like pier one etc.
    The stoppers look like they could be from perfume bottles. the one with the green ball on top, looks like it may be alexandrite. Check it under a flourescent light and see if it turns blue. the long "dauber" on the end screams perfume bottle stoppers to me.

3. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

Actually I was wrong about the stoppers .the one without any additional glass balls on top seems to be the alexandrite one. It looks purple in the pic of it in the bottle and blue in the pic of just the stoppers.

4. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

I see these bottles (without stoppers) from time to time at the thrift -- unsold for $1.99. No idea if the stoppers are original, I think these are 21st century. Possibly from a "Tuesday Morning" store or similar.

5. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

The bottles are newer and I think the stoppers aren't original. Those bottles turn up here too from time to time, not good for much except looking cute. The stoppers might be worth more by themselves. They'd certainly be easier to ship.

6. kardinalisimo

kardinalisimo Well-Known Member

Two of the stoppers have broken tips and the blue one is missing the balls on the top. So I guess they are as worthless as the bottles.
    By the way, I also thought that I'd seen these kind of bottles before and they were on the cheap side but for some reason I got them.
    Also, I wonder if all the bottles with the same color have the same shape. Because these are all curved differently.
    [​IMG]

7. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

Those look like perfume stoppers to me. The long end goes into the perfume so you can dab it on yourself. They might be worth more than the bottles.

Draft saved Draft deleted