Featured 226 stamp/mark on white metal, jade and diamond ring

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Lapin, Jul 28, 2024.

1. Lapin

Lapin Member

Hello. I'm hopeful of some help with a ring I have recently picked up at auction. There's only the one obvious mark I can find - '226'. It's white metal with a little jade cabouchon and six small diamonds. Grateful for any advice as to what the metal is or could be. Many thanks. 20240727_103728 (1).jpg 20240727_103921.jpg

2. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

3. Lapin

Lapin Member

It's '226' - my apologies, as the photo is upside down. I don't think it is silver as there was / is no tarnishing on it.

LauraGarnet02 and Any Jewelry like this.
  4. Lapin

Lapin Member

Managed to flip the photo at last!

Attached Files:

LauraGarnet02 likes this.
  5. shamster

shamster Well-Known Member

Found this on reddit 1.png

6. shamster

shamster Well-Known Member

7. Lapin

Lapin Member

Thank you for finding that. I've been truffling round the internet all day looking for information. I may see about getting it assessed so the next generation doesn't send it to the tip!

8. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

That's not one I recognized either. I've got a few rings somewhere that tested negative for gold, silver and platinum but that I knew were something.

Lapin and kyratango like this.
  9. Lapin

Lapin Member

At my jewellers, they said it tested as very low grade white gold. I'm back in on Friday to collect some repairs & cleaned bits & bobs. I'm hoping the gem expert is in because she's very good on design and may have more info on where/when it was made.

Any Jewelry likes this.
  10. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update, Lapin.:)
    But I wonder if low grade platinum could test as low grade white gold?
    In my experience low grade white gold, for instance 9k, has a creamy tinge, which your ring doesn't have. Of course it depends on the alloy, but I have my doubts, also because of the mark.

komokwa, LauraGarnet02 and Lapin like this.
  11. Lapin

Lapin Member

Ah - thank you! That completely makes sense to me as it looks colder to me than any of my white gold rings. I think I'll see what the gem lady thinks tomorrow. I'm not planning to sell it or anything, so I'll keep researching the mark and style. I enjoy a good little mystery.

Draft saved Draft deleted