2 Vases: One Old One Newer NEED ID'S!! (Vase #2)

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by vitry-le-francois, Feb 8, 2015.

1. vitry-le-francois

vitry-le-francois Well-Known Member

This vase is my favorite of the items I purchased at auction, yesterday afternoon. I had to go all out and pay $10.00 for this beauty. It measures 10.5 inches tall. The vase is decorated with gilt metal. I am getting an Austrian/Czech/Bohemian feel from the design. Then again, it could have been made in Kansas City. I don't know. Any help would be appreciated!

swirl3.jpg swirl2.jpg swirl1.jpg

spirit-of-shiloh likes this.
  2. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Could equally be Italian, they did lots of ormolu mounted stuff in the 50s.

3. vitry-le-francois

I could go with Italian! It does have a Mirano-esque vibe to it.;)

4. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

Fenton made a vase that looks like this one. It could have been made for another company that added the ormolu. It is shown on page 259 of Fenton Art Glass Patterns 1939 - 1980 by Margaret & Kenn Whitmyer.

French Opalescent Spiral Optic vase #183-10" flared.

5. vitry-le-francois

Fenton, it is! THANKS bercrystal! For the next 13 minutes, you will be my new hero :)

6. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

Fenton, it is! THANKS bercrystal! For the next 13 minutes, you will be my new hero

You are very welcome!! I am glad I could help. :happy:

Draft saved Draft deleted