2 Vases: One Old One Newer NEED ID'S!! (Vase #1)

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by vitry-le-francois, Feb 8, 2015.

1. vitry-le-francois

vitry-le-francois Well-Known Member

Got this vase from a box lot for a whopping $5.00! Hopefully, this beauty can add to my retirement fund! Textured finish. Don't know if that is a mark on the bottom or just figgly lines of nonsense. Vase "feels" heavy and very nice quality. Reminds me of those mid-century potters that are in such demand today.

modern.vase1.jpg modern.vase7.jpg modern.vase5.jpg modern.vase6.jpg modern.vase2.jpg modern.vase3.jpg

cxgirl likes this.
  2. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

That is gorgeous. Good find.

3. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Hm. If I'd not seen that mark I'd have said MCM Italian.

4. fidbald

fidbald Well-Known Member

lovely. Klee- or Picasso-inspired ?

5. vitry-le-francois

vitry-le-francois Well-Known Member

This may be one of those pieces that won't get identified. I think I will post on eBay for a stupid high price and if someone really wants it, they will pay. If it doesn't sell, I would be happy to keep it.

6. 'Nuff_Said

'Nuff_Said Well-Known Member

Looks like a Japanese studio piece to me, sometimes difficult to ID the maker. The mark you posted is upside down. I let my translator have at it but he couldn't make out the character at far left.

Draft saved Draft deleted