#2 Pendleton? blanket, help please

Discussion in 'Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing' started by tyeldom3, Apr 23, 2016.

1. tyeldom3

tyeldom3 Well-Known Member

Is it a Pendleton? And would the size 74" x 40" be considered a saddle blanket? Again, another frayed label. Thanks again for your time.
    aa1.jpg aa2.jpg aa3.jpg

lauragarnet likes this.
  2. tyeldom3

Bumping this from yesterday.
    I am wondering if this could also be made by Oregon City. The label is just a bit shorter & taller than the other label on one I have, but looks to be black like some of the Oregon City labels.

3. Taupou

Taupou Well-Known Member

No, not a saddle blanket. When yarn fringe is added around all the edges, it is considered a robe or a shawl. Again, the shape of the label is not that of a Pendleton.

tyeldom3 likes this.
  4. tyeldom3

Thanks again Taupou, I truly, truly appreciate your time and help.:)
    Sure wish I had you with me at the sale I got the blankets from. Most everything there was Native American and I wanted to buy it all. Signed baskets, carved wood animals, paintings, etc....I loved it all but my pocket book didn't.

komokwa likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted