Featured $2 garage sale necklace, Chinese shou beads?

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by mekanah18, Oct 3, 2023.

1. mekanah18

mekanah18 Active Member

I recently bought this necklace at a garage sale for $2. I've been trying to find out more about it, and I think these are Chinese shou beads. The clasp is signed 925 for sterling. I'm not a gemologist so I'm not sure if these beads are turquoise or faux. They feel like stones. I also don't know much about Chinese shou beads, as in whether these are authentic or if there are a lot of cheap replications on the market? Does anyone here have any knowledge of this particular kind of jewelry they could share? image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

pearlsnblume, judy, Dessert58 and 4 others like this.
  2. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Don't know anything about it, but those beads look molded to me. Hopefully someone will have real knowledge. It's a nice effect.

mekanah18, pearlsnblume, judy and 3 others like this.
  3. wlwhittier

wlwhittier Well-Known Member

Just bounce the 2 bucks against that electric color, an' the size of the beads...a bargain, no matter what!
    I note there are knots, but not at every bead...
    Your pics are great!!

4. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

They were a good deal at two bucks. The sterling clasp is worth more than that if you had to go buy a new one. The beads look molded to me too, out of what I"m not sure except that it's not carved turquoise.

5. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

You're right, they are. A real bargain, but I'm with the others, the Shou beads are molded.
    Pretty necklace though, and nice clasp.

Draft saved Draft deleted