Featured 19th century art school study drawing

Discussion in 'Art' started by Giuseppe65, Dec 3, 2021.

1. Giuseppe65

Giuseppe65 Active Member

Hello
    I would like your help in identifying the author of this19th century art school study drawing. It seems to me that it is very well done and below on the right is signed with the monogram "EZ".
    Thanks 1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 5.jpg

2. David Broom

David Broom Active Member

3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

4. Lithographer

Lithographer Well-Known Member

Looks like a print to me. Hard to tell if you don’t have it in front of you. I was looking closely at the curls in the hair, looks like a lithographic crayon was used to draw it.

5. Giuseppe65

Giuseppe65 Active Member

I took a couple of pictures with a USB microscope. Hope it helps. I found another French artist who made such paintings. Edouard Zier. What do you think about it? Snapshot_20211204.JPG Snapshot_20211204_1.JPG

6. Boland

Boland Well-Known Member

On what was this done? Looks like some sort of title to me.. What is the size of it?

7. Giuseppe65

Giuseppe65 Active Member

I insert two more images made with macros. The measure is: 30.5 x 24.5 cm with frame. 11.jpg 22.jpg

8. Giuseppe65

Giuseppe65 Active Member

I'd like your opinion on this. I am not an expert but from the enlarged images it seems to me that the drawing was made with pencil.

9. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Looks like pencil to my eye. May have been a copy a talented amateur (i.e. a woman) produced in her leisure time.

Debora

10. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Reminds me of the work of Vigee LeBrun.

Draft saved Draft deleted