1981 Boy Couts Jamboree..Celebration 1876 painting Limited Print.

Discussion in 'Art' started by Armando0831, Dec 14, 2014.

1. Armando0831

Armando0831 Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm not typing it the right way when searching for this, but I'm having a hard time finding one. It's a limited edition print of 1876 Painting.

By what is on the original cover for this print, these prints were given to Boy Scouts that were in attendance at the Jamboree in 1981. There were 32,000 prints made, given solely to Boy Scouts members. image.jpg image.jpg

2. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

3. Armando0831

4. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

A bit off topic. I looked at Brad's link and then moved on, but when I went back to eBay, a blurry little thumbnail of this poster appeared in 'items recently looked at' (or whatever) and I was amazed to see a very well-defined face, nicely centered, composed of elements of the picture. Am I the only one?

[​IMG]

5. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

It's not just you, moreotherstuff. :watching:

yourturntoloveit likes this.
  6. Mill Cove Treasures

Mill Cove Treasures Well-Known Member

I see it. If I squint, I can also see it in the large photo at the top of this post.

7. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

Oooh, that's subliminal...or just weird! ;)

8. Armando0831

It's the Ghost Rider!

9. spirit-of-shiloh

spirit-of-shiloh Well-Known Member

10. Messilane

Messilane Well-Known Member

If I am not mistaken, the human brain is hardwired to "see" faces in things.

11. spirit-of-shiloh

spirit-of-shiloh Well-Known Member

One evening about 12 years ago, my boyfriend and I were sitting outdoors in April. There were hundreds of puff clouds in the night sky and 99% of them looked like skull faces,similar to the movie Scream.
    upload_2014-12-18_15-36-38.jpeg

The reason I remember April is that his daughter was visiting and it was around her B-day.

12. Tomg

Tomg New Member

I have one, from attending the Jamboree in 1981; both the envelope with description and the print inside. Realize it's been 8 months, but just going through some stuff now and ran across it. Send an email to Edited; email removed if interested.

13. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Hey Tomg....there's a forum for selling down at the bottom of the fourms page...

use it if you must but the rest of the site is off limits for selling.

Draft saved Draft deleted