1980's Vintage Travertine Marble Sphere Coffee Table- Is it Valuable?

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Lonnieswife510, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Lonnieswife510

Lonnieswife510 New Member

Hello everyone,

I'm a newbie and this table was given to me. I started a search for end tables for it and could not find the end tables anywhere but I did find a table very similar to it with an asking price of over $2000. Can anyone tell me if the table that I have is close to the same value and the one I found. It seems mines could be valued a little more since there is more marble on the table. The pictures marked table 1 and table 2 are mines and table 3 is the table that I found with an asking price of over $2000. I would really appreciate your help. Thanks

Attached Files:

KingofThings likes this.
  2. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Please always enlarge your photos.
    Thank you. :)

3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Magnussen Home Ponte Vedra Stone and Glass Round Coffee Table

Item # 432279 Model # 58506

Used to be sold at Lowe's......

[​IMG]

Is yours stone , or just look like stone...?

KingofThings likes this.
  4. komokwa

[​IMG]

Coffee table or end table, looks like stone, half moon thick beveled glass top (not shown) 37"x 37"x64" rounded approximately..............sold $45.

KingofThings likes this.
  5. komokwa

Round glass top coffee table w/ stone base foundation
    [​IMG]

Used round glass top coffee table w/ stone base foundation for sale...keywords: stone, glass top, coffee, table #...17" please email me with your phone number...i will contact you shortly if it is still...

$ 199

:sour:

KingofThings likes this.
  6. komokwa

So your last photo has an asking price of $2000 , huh.

Well, at X-Mas , when I was 13 , I asked my folks for a drum set......I wanted to be Ringo....or at least Buddy Rich.......I never got what I asked for.....! :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
  7. Lonnieswife510

I believe mines is stone but I could be wrong. I will look into testing it out. The marble looks like it is real marble.

8. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Asking is not necessarily getting.

9. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Around here they sell, but not for much.

10. Lonnieswife510

I'm not asking for that price. I personally was looking for end tables for the table that I have similar to that one in the last picture
    I am not asking for that amount at all. In fact im not even trying to sell the table. My question in this post was "Is the table I have in the other two pics eorth that much." When searching online for end tables for my coffee table I ran across the last pic with that asking price and thought I may have hit a gold mine since the coffee table was given to me free.

11. Lonnieswife510

I am asking is if my table in the first two pics which is similar to the 3rd pic just as valuable. I thought I may have hit a gold mine because the table was given to me for free.

yourturntoloveit likes this.
  12. Ruedi

Ruedi Active Member

gold mine or not..it is an awesome table..enjoy!

cxgirl and Lonnieswife510 like this.
  13. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

I am saying the table in the third pic is not necessarily that valuable. Anyone can ask anything for what they have. Getting it is another thing altogether.

judy and Lonnieswife510 like this.
  14. Lonnieswife510

Ahh. Thanks

15. all_fakes

all_fakes Well-Known Member

It seems from information provided by other posters that the value of your table is likely between $45 and $200. (cross-posted, sorry)

Lonnieswife510 likes this.
  16. komokwa

& that's what I'm saying also........

Lonnieswife510 likes this.
  17. scoutshouse

scoutshouse Well-Known Member

Hi Lonnieswife:

LOWE'S comes with it's own video!!! and apparently IS stone - but made in very high numbers.

Note its unique use of rough-cut Mactan fossil and polished Pastor fossil stone in the bases, yum!

The piece on etsy like yours is described as "tesselated travertine." Its overall design with parabola glass top is a little dated... So yours is stone, I assume.

This simple pedestal on 1st dibs without the glass table tops is more timeless, hence the tag: $2895 (1st dibs = $$$) Even so, if I saw one and dragged it home, I'd be happy to walk away with $250.

Screen Shot 2016-06-09 at 8.41.24 PM.png
    Striking Post-Modern tessellated stone and travertine pedestal, circa 1970s -1980s. This exquisite fossilized coral stone pedestal / side table is designed with chamfered corners and rough-hewn marble.

cxgirl and Lonnieswife510 like this.
  18. Lonnieswife510

Thank you. You guys are so helpful

cxgirl likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted