Featured 1950's Georges Braque Print

Discussion in 'Art' started by Lithographer, Mar 22, 2023.

1. Lithographer

Lithographer Well-Known Member

I picked this up at a consignment shop yesterday. It measures about 9" by 12" and is printed on a thin card stock. I think it is a serigraph, though some parts look hand embellished. The background looks as if they took a photo of a canvas and screen printed it. I was hoping some other folks could take a look and see what they think. It is signed G Braque and dated 25, that makes me think it is based on a painting. I am curious to know if the artist actually touched any part of creating this. Some background information on the print distributor would useful as well as another example of this print and the original painting. It looks as if the backer board was what the print was shipped in. The print strikes me as something you might have ordered from and ad in a magazine. I recognize the family name on the label, I think they own a big trucking company. I remember the Kalamazoo frame shop from when I was a kid in the 60's and 70's.
    IMG_2188.JPG
    IMG_2189.JPG
    IMG_2190.JPG
    IMG_2191.JPG
    IMG_2192.JPG
    IMG_2193.JPG
    IMG_2194.JPG
    IMG_2195.JPG

2. charlie cheswick

charlie cheswick Well-Known Member

will have to look up this artist, i really like it

3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Invented Cubism with Picasso.

Debora

4. Lithographer

Lithographer Well-Known Member

I was able to find some old catalogs for Oestreichers, their business was reproduction prints. Oh well :dead:

5. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted