Featured 14K White Gold Blue Stones Signed - Help with maker please

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by baltojoe75, Jan 16, 2024.

1. baltojoe75

baltojoe75 Well-Known Member

I have a 14k white gold ring with an unusual configuration of the blue stones. I tested the large center stone and it is not a diamond. I know the 585 is for 14K. There is a shield on the back of the ring that has the letters SB. Can anyone tell me the time period for the ring and identify the maker. I think the center stone is faux sapphire. IMG_3822.jpg IMG_3822.jpg IMG_3816.jpg IMG_3821.jpg IMG_3820.JPG IMG_3822.jpg IMG_3816.jpg IMG_3821.jpg IMG_3820.JPG

2. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

They might be lab-created sapphires; synthetic sapphires have been made since the 1880s and have been used in jewelry since at least the 20s. With synthetics they could get caliber-cut stones in matching colors in quantities to make factory jewelry. The center stone...no idea. That's not a horribly old ring; if I'm guessing I'd say 1990s or later. Someone else later may know more and might even know the maker. It's too new for me.

mirana likes this.
  3. mirana

mirana Well-Known Member

Synthetic sapphire in the center (and elsewhere) is my assumption too, since it is 14k. It's definitely the Art Deco style but could be revival...the extra swirly basket on the back says newer to me.

4. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

The blue stones are shield faceted and it looks like the ring shank has been enlarged by at least 2 sizes.

5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

nice pics.......nice Bling !!!

6. Miscstuff

Miscstuff Sometimesgetsitright

7. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

;)

8. Miscstuff

Miscstuff Sometimesgetsitright

You are too quick for me AJ.:banghead:

Any Jewelry likes this.
  9. baltojoe75

baltojoe75 Well-Known Member

Would I be correct to assume that with the 585 instead of 14k, this was probably made somewhere other than the USA? Still curious about the maker.

Draft saved Draft deleted