Featured 14K Rose Cut Diamond Pendant

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by drg642, Nov 23, 2023.

1. drg642

drg642 Well-Known Member

This pendant is about 2.5 inches tall, weighs 12 grams, unmarked, tests 14K. My gemologist described the diamonds as crudely cut, following the contours of the rough. Aprox. 3 carats of diamonds, SI2 - I2 clarity, I-K color. Has lots of sparkle. Some solder repairs on the back shown in photos with red arrows.
    My question is time period. My gemologist said before 1850. Quite a few similar earrings and pendants via Google Lens described as Victorian and a few as Georgian. A very similar on Ruby Lane says 1870 - 1900 (shown below my photos). I found practically the same pendant, though weighs a few grams less, passed at an auction in 2020 (shown below my photos). They don't give much description.

So what time period would you say, and all other comments appreciated. I know pricing is not usually discussed, but if anyone feels like giving me their thoughts on that, please do.

Thank you!

rose1.JPG rose1c.JPG rose2.JPG rose2c.JPG rose3a.JPG rose3c.JPG rose3d.JPG

https://www.rubylane.com/item/91851...re-Diamond-Pendant-x7c-9K?search=1&t=282df637

https://www.gros-delettrez.com/en/lot/107659/13385836-pendant-nud-in-gold-and-silver

2. Dessert58

Dessert58 Well-Known Member

Lovely!
    Nice size diamonds and they are all there!
    The solder repairs are no problem. They were done on the back and they are really clean and tidy. They dont show at the front.
    I would say this earring is slightly later than the heart pendant, because of the open backs.
    1870-1900 would also be my guess.

Any Jewelry likes this.
  3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

how is it an earring?:confused:

Any Jewelry likes this.
  4. Dessert58

Dessert58 Well-Known Member

Komokwa I haven't had my coffee yet rhis morning! :muted:
    Not sure if this one has been an earring, but I m very used to find these old pendants beeing (part of) single earrings, so my mind just went with it.

Any Jewelry and komokwa like this.
  5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

that'd make one mighty fancy earring !!:hungry::hungry::playful::playful:

Any Jewelry likes this.
  6. drg642

drg642 Well-Known Member

I did see earrings in this form, so this could be an earring converted to a pendant, but it seems large for that, and does not look to me like it has been converted.

komokwa and Any Jewelry like this.
  7. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Breathtakingly beautiful, drg. I agree with ca 1870, Georgian Revival. And made as a pendant.
    I love rose cut diamonds, and I love the Georgian style, even as a Revival style.
    Makes sense to a pre-coffee brain, they are often earrings. This beauty is over 6 cm long though.:)

komokwa, johnnycb09 and Dessert58 like this.
  8. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Another beauty -- guessing this was from the same former owner as the heart? Absolutely stunning.

Glad AJ and Dessert too a look, this seems right up their alley.

I'm jealous you have a "gemologist" drg642.

komokwa, johnnycb09 and Any Jewelry like this.
  9. drg642

drg642 Well-Known Member

Thanks AJ Dessert Komo and Lucille.. Very helpful and much appreciated.

They did come from the same estate.

I am very lucky to have a professional gemologist willing to do gem ID for me for a very reasonable hourly fee. He's a nice guy, and he enjoys seeing the odd stuff I bring him. I dread the day he retires!

Dessert58, komokwa and Any Jewelry like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted