Featured 14" Figural vases with african women, said to be Paris porcelain

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by sunday silence, Sep 30, 2023.

1. sunday silence

sunday silence Well-Known Member

this is from a recent auction and unfortunately the auctioneer did not show pictures of the underside but described them as Paris porcelain. Im not bidding on stuff lacking photos. But has anyone seen these before? I didnt see anything like em.

2.jpg 1.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

2. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Not sure how African those ladies are. :p:p:p The flowers on the back are Indian-influenced, as in India. Beyond that you've got me.

Figtree3, johnnycb09 and kyratango like this.
  3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

too much foliage for Africa........ imo

but hard to pass up...

Figtree3, johnnycb09 and kyratango like this.
  4. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

Those are unusual, but cool. It looks like they may have had lids. Too bad there's no pic of the base. Could be Paris porcelain, but that's a pretty wild colourway!

Figtree3 and johnnycb09 like this.
  5. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

I think you'd be OK in calling them "Orientalist".

Figtree3, kentworld and johnnycb09 like this.
  6. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Agree.

Debora

johnnycb09 likes this.
  7. sunday silence

sunday silence Well-Known Member

I think the auctioneer may have listed them as paris porcelain because they have no mark underneath. These actually got bid up to $375 I think thats a bit of an overpay but maybe I am missing something?

Figtree3, Potteryplease and komokwa like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted