Small pottery Frankoma-like bud vase

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by UncleChuckTX, Sep 18, 2014.

1. UncleChuckTX

UncleChuckTX Well-Known Member

I got this in a box lot of Frankoma pieces - I guess the seller thought it went with the other Prairie Green pieces. I didn't pay it much attention until I got home.

I don't believe it's Frankoma, but other than that I haven't a clue. I know other makers did similar rutile green glazes. Maybe Bybee? There may be a partial mark on the bottom, but the only thing visible appears to be an "O" or zero. The stilt marks on the bottom have me thrown off, as well.

Any ideas? Thanks!

IMG_6077.JPG
    IMG_6079.JPG
    IMG_6084.JPG
    IMG_6085.JPG

2. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Pretty -- I hope somebody drops by who knows about it.

3. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Have been thinking about this since yesterday. The glaze reminds me of the North Carolina potteries. The bottom is not right for most of them. I agree that it is not Frankoma and am pretty sure it is not Bybee.

With that base, I wonder if it might be Haeger? They produced so much in so many glazes, it would be hard to know. I am continually running across pieces by Haeger that are surprising to me. Sorry I can't be of better help

4. UncleChuckTX

UncleChuckTX Well-Known Member

Thank you both for your thoughts. I thought about Haeger, or possibly one of the arts & crafts-era makers, but I don't have books on them yet. Never hurts to ask.

Thanks again.

Draft saved Draft deleted