Help identifying a paperweight glass artist

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Pat P, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

I've had this dichroic glass paperweight since the mid-90s and don't remember the name of the artist. I can't quite make out the signature or find anyone who seems right on the web.

Does anyone recognize the artist? Or can anyone help decipher the signature, which looks like "Magnon Studio" or "Mathew Studio" or ? The rest of the marks say 1993 and a model number.

Thanks...

paperweight-b.jpg paperweight-c.jpg paperweight-d.jpg paperweight-a.jpg

yourturntoloveit likes this.
  2. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

p.s. Please ignore the background stuff reflected in the glass, especially in the first photo! It's showing my office/studio with tons of boxes etc. on shelves.

3. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

Maybe Maytum?

dgbjwc likes this.
  4. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

Thanks, Janet... I think you got it, Brian Maytum! :)

It looks like his signature on earlier pieces was neater and then he started getting sloppy... mass production maybe?

antidiem likes this.
  5. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

GORGEOUS GLASS!!

Good job, Janet. =)

Pat P likes this.
  6. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

Thanks, Anti. :)

antidiem likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted