DRESDEN Porcelain Figurine. Help With Mark

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by vitry-le-francois, Jan 21, 2015.

1. vitry-le-francois

vitry-le-francois Well-Known Member

Got several of these porcelain figurines. Can't seem to find a manufacturer for the mark. Looks like "K" and something else. Any help would be appreciated!!
    dresden.girl2.jpg dresden.boy4.jpg

2. Ladybranch

Ladybranch Well-Known Member

I believe this mark is referred to as KSK with the 2nd K reverse. I think it is the mark of Kämmer & Kramer and was registered in the 1940s.

"'KSK' with reversed last 'K' was a mark of the Kämmer & Kramer company from the town of Schwarza (Thuringia, Germany). It was registered in 1946 and used until 1953."
    http://www.artifactcollectors.com/he-has-the-leters-ksk-the-last-k-is-in-reverse-4582113.html

Scroll way down the page to the section: "Rudolstadt-Volkstedt (Thuringia)." It's about the 13th section up from the bottom.
    http://www.porcelainmarksandmore.com/resources/book-errata/roentgen-02.php

--- Susan

vitry-le-francois likes this.
  3. vitry-le-francois

That's it! THANKS for the info!!!

4. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Vitry - Was that you asking about the same mark on a different figurine on the other boards this morning? I thought I was having a "weird coincidence" day.

5. vitry-le-francois

Yup, that was me. Sometimes I will do a double posting and see who responds :)

6. Bakersgma

Funny. I didn't know you had a second ID, much less one I recognized as a long-time contributor. ;)

7. vitry-le-francois

my other is gammacara. Was it that one?

8. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I didn't know you that was you - but don't really keep track of these things very well.

9. Bakersgma

Yes, Vitry. That's the one.

10. vitry-le-francois

This ID is for antiques/collectibles and the other is for clothing.

Draft saved Draft deleted