Antique Art Deco Bronze Vase Hallmark; Please Help Identify

Discussion in 'Metalware' started by AllamericanAZ, Jun 2, 2016.

1. AllamericanAZ

AllamericanAZ New Member

I found this interesting vase at an estate sale; it appears to be made of bronze.
    2016-06-01 07.36.16.jpg 2016-06-01 07.43.30.jpg 2016-06-01 07.43.30.jpg 2016-06-01 07.36.16.jpg
    The bottom has a hallmark; it appears to be two swords and the letters CLO

I don't typically see bronze or copper pieces hallmarked like this.

Does anyone have any idea what company made this piece based on the hallmark? If not, do you know of a good resource to research this hallmark (I have tried google without success)?

Thanks

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
    yourturntoloveit likes this.
  2. AllamericanAZ

AllamericanAZ New Member

Sorry I am new to the forum and somehow I had multiple photos get uploaded; I only have one vase/urn

3. afantiques

afantiques Well-Known Member

I don't know the mark, which is a maker's or founder's mark, not a hallmark but the shape is neoclassical, not art deco and based on old roman designs. It is certainly 20th C., and in my opinion from the second half. It shows signs of old polish; bronze should not be polished.

You may be in time to edit out the extra pictures, go back to your post and hit the edit button at the bottom of the post.

4. AllamericanAZ

AllamericanAZ New Member

Thanks do you think it is US or European? Is there a good reference for researching founder's marks?

5. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart